This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure page for full details.
Do you dream of building a dollhouse? If you’re new to the world of dollhouse building, you don’t have to start from scratch. Pick up one of these ready-to-go wooden dollhouse kits to build all on your own.
Dollhouse kits make your new hobby so much easier! Using pre-cut pieces and extensive directions, the best dollhouse kits equip you to build your own dollhouse without needing to use major tools (or have woodworking skills).
When I first got interested in dollhouses, I scoured the Internet searching for guidance on how to begin. While I’d ultimately like to learn all the basics of dollhouse construction, including how to build a dollhouse from scratch, in the meantime, model dollhouse kits are the perfect place to start.
Dollhouses are super adorable! LIttle furniture and tiny little teapots and accessories…so much fun to look at and explore. And with dollhouse kits you can create a miniature world of your own. For anyone who grew up loving dollhouses, (or fell in love with them as a parent/adult) there is a way you can keep that connection going: dollhouse kits! Dollhouse kits are fun and range from easy to difficult, so beginners can jump right in, and those more experienced with dollhouse kits can make a house as elaborate and creative as you wish! You can do it alone in your spare time, or share a project with your child. There is a dollhouse kit for everyone!
In this post, we’ll talk about all of the best dollhouse kits currently available. Many of these are easy dollhouse kits that are perfect for beginners.
Greenleaf Orchid Dollhouse Kit
Here is a beautiful starter dollhouse for beginners. Made of sturdy wood, this is a lovely Victorian house with an open back. This dollhouse kit has everything you need (wood pieces and shingles) to build a beautiful Victorian house of your very own. The walls fit together with tabs; just paint and glue (sometimes a little sanding is required). The detail is exquisite in this starter dollhouse kit, with detailed, decorative trim and a charming front porch. Each floor has divider walls to make the rooms as big or small as you like. There is even a bay window!
For age 12 and up.
- Perfect 1st dollhouse kit!
- You get the option to make the rooms whatever size you like.
- The dollhouse has so much to offer! Beautifully detailed and with a bay window
- The door has no hinges or doorknob; you will have to create that yourself or leave it the way it is.
Greenleaf Buttercup Dollhouse
Another perfect dollhouse kit for beginners! The Buttercup Dollhouse by Greenleaf is probably one of the smallest and easiest dollhouse kits. Yet for its size, it has very pretty details, such as a charming bay window, an amazing front door and foyer, silk-screened window, gingerbread trim, and even window boxes. It’s a perfect dollhouse kit to give to a budding dollhouse enthusiast, or to add to a dollhouse village as a shop or cottage. As most (but not all dollhouse kits), the scale is 1 inch = 1 foot.
For ages 12 and up.
- So much cute detail packed into a tiny house!
- Has functioning doors.
- It is small, so if you’re looking for something more elaborate, I would check out the bigger ones.
Dreamtown Dollhouse Miniature Dollhouse Kit
This dollhouse kit is an adorable, miniature house (scale 1:24) for display and hobbyists, complete with furniture. There is so much detail packed into this tiny house!
This 2-story dollhouse features many rooms, an exterior wall, skylight, covered deck, many plants, very detailed furniture, staircase, mill wheel, and light kit. Most unique tiny dollhouse ever!
For ages 14 and up.
- All furniture and accessories included.
- Includes a dust cover!
- The only things not included are glue and batteries.
- Directions not the easiest. Very complex kit with many small parts. Long assembly time, but when finished it looks phenomenal!
Greenleaf Vineyard Cottage Dollhouse
This dollhouse is exquisite and easy enough for most beginners! The design is based on the cottages of Martha’s Vineyard just after the Civil War. It is made of wood, with an open back, and features a dramatic staircase in the center of the house.
The dollhouse has a cozy front porch and even 2 balconies! Many beautiful steeple-shaped dormer windows as well as gingerbread trim complete the look.
For ages 12 and up.
- The dollhouse has a small nook above the loft.
- Features 2 porches!
- The siding is not included, so you would have to purchase separately if desired.
- The kit also does not come with paint (most dollhouse kits don’t come with paint, though, so not a big deal.
Greenleaf Garfield Dollhouse
The Wayfair Garfield Dollhouse is an elegant, Victorian inspired dollhouse kit. There are 3 stories full of gorgeous details and features. The house has 10 rooms, a wrap-around porch, 2 balconies, 2 bay windows, an exquisite staircase and even a tower!
For ages 12 and up.
- A gorgeous home that is beautiful enough to satisfy any dollhouse collector.
- Glue and shingles must be purchased separately.
Greenleaf Harrison Dollhouse
The Harrison Dollhouse kit by Greenleaf is a gorgeous, large Tudor style mansion. The all-wood dollhouse has 2 stories and six beautiful bay windows, five window boxes, and even a hidden roof panel which leads to a secret third floor attic with glamorous French doors opening onto the terrace. There are moveable partitions which can be used to create nine large rooms, in whatever arrangement you like…it all depends on your imagination!
For ages 12 and up.
- Gorgeous, realistic-looking Tudor mansion with lots of room!
- Secret door leads to a hidden room with a glamorous terrace.
- Even though this is an elaborate dollhouse kit, it is easy enough for a beginner!
- You can change the flowers in the window boxes to match the seasons!
- Paint, furnishings and decorations are not included.